I’ve been making mug cakes for years now If I’m craving something healthy, but sweet.
Most of the time I use protein powder as my flour, and from time to time a mix of gluten free flour with the protein powder.
The other day I tried making a mug cake with just almond flour and no protein powder and I am in LOVE!
This is definitely my favorite mug cake ingredients, and it literally took me around 3 minutes to make…including mixing the ingredients up!
– 1/4 or 1/3 cup almond flour
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-pinch of salt
-1 tsp sweetener of choice (I did a couple squeezes of my liquid stevia)
I used this almond flour, which can be found at Costco, or, another kind I love, which you can find here. It’s much more cost savvy when buying in bulk.
1. Spray a coffee mug with nonstick spray.
2. Mix all ingredients together well, and microwave for 1 minute to 1 min and 30 seconds.
(Each microwave is different and may have different wattages. Stick 1 minute first, then check to see if it needs to go longer. If so, stick to 30 sec intervals)
One of my favorite things to top these mug cakes off with is powdered peanut butter. One of my go to brands lately have been PBFit brand. Costco also has been having this brand, but you can also find it here.
The great thing about this basic mug cake recipe, is you can mix and match flavors/spices.
Sprinkle in cinnamon + nutmeg, or even pumpkin pie spice as fall approaches!
Spoon in some cocoa powder to make it chocolate!
I may even try adding a drop or two of essential oils, like Orange or Lemon vitality!
I ate every last bit of this and will continue to do so every time I make these! 😊
When you want tacos, burritos, or some kind of wrap, what do you need?
There are numerous kinds of tortillas out there: size, white/wheat, spinach, corn/flour, etc., and while most taste pretty good, some are higher in carbohydrates.
This isn’t saying it’s bad ( i enjoy carbs like this in moderation), but I know some people either want to watch their carbs, or need to watch their carbs.
Today I am sharing with you a very basic tortilla recipe, only involving 3-4 ingredients.
Almond Flour Tortillas
Before I get to the recipe, keep in mind a couple things:
1. This is not my original recipe.
2. Because it is made with almond flour, and has few ingredients, it will not fold or roll like a regular flour tortilla.
On to the recipe!
– 2 cups almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
1. Preheat Oven between 325 and 350 (depending on how quick your oven cooks)
2. Mix all ingredient together in a bowl.
3. Start kneading/rolling out the “dough”. I placed my dough between 2 pieces of wax paper to roll it out.
4. Use something round with the desired size you want your tortillas (I used a smaller glad container for mine). Once you cut your tortillas out, bake between 8-10 minutes. I started with 8 minutes, then put it on for 2 more, but turned the oven off.
5. Let cool and enjoy!
I decided to have one with some ground turkey I cooked for lunch. I placed ground turkey, spinach, and a little mustard on mine, and enjoyed a salad on the side!
If you try these out, let me know! I may try this combo for a pizza crust in the future! 😀